TARC LIFE HACKS FANPAGE & PORTAL LOGO DESIGN COMPETITION
The purpose of the competition is to design a logo for the CNBL Facebook Fanpage and CNBL portal. The logo may be used in all media – including online, print, on merchandise and other visual collateral.
The following are the official competition rules:
- To be eligible, each entrant must be a currently registered student in Tunku Abdul Rahman University College (TAR UC). The competition is open to all students from the main campus and all branch campuses.
- An entrant may only submit ONE entry for this competition.
- Entrants are not allowed to work in groups.
- All submitted work must be the original work of the entrant(s) and must not include, be based on, or derived from any pre-existing or third-party designs, trademarks, or copyrighted images. Artwork that has been previously published or exhibited is not permitted.
- The entrant agrees to indemnify TAR UC and CNBL against all claims and costs by third parties arising from a breach of warranty set out in this condition.
- The final design chosen as the contest winner may not necessarily be used as the CNBL TARC Life Hacks official logo, or may be chosen in whole or in part as the official fanpage or portal’s logo. CNBL shall have the right (but not obligation) to publish the winners’ names, photographs and logo for promotional purposes relating to the competition on its website, member magazine or those of its related entities in any media or format, now and in the future without a time limit, and without compensation or notification.
- All entries will become the property of the TAR UC. By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees that any and all intellectual property rights in the logo design are deemed assigned to TAR UC. Therefore, TAR UC have all the rights to alter and reproduce the image at its discretion.
- Only digital submission via TARC Life Hacks/Facebook account is allowed and it should be in JPEG (.jpg), format. (if you are chosen as a winner, you MUST be able to provide a high resolution vector file (e.g., in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, or InDesign).
- Pixel size is limited to 480 X 480 resolution with RGB colour scheme and must not exceed 500kb data size. Incomplete information or noncompliance of the submission rules will disqualify the entry.
- Entrants must provide a brief written explanation of their logo design in not more than 50 words.
How to Submit Entry
To enter the Logo Design Competition, eligible entrants must:
- Visit and Like TARC Life Hacks’ Facebook Fanpage
- Click the promotional tab to be directed to the promotion entry page.
- Complete the official entry form.
- Upload the logo design, with a file size not more than 500kb through the promoter’s online entry form.
- Each entrant can submit ONLY ONE ENTRY.
Judging and Voting
- 1 winner and 2 runners-up will be chosen by the judges based on the quality of the design.
- A special prize for the design with the highest number of votes will be chosen based on the number of votes generated during the voting period.
- Only votes that appear on the logo shall be taken into consideration in deciding the winners. Only one vote per logo per day is allowed.
- Voting will commence at the same time as the submission of the logo.
- An entrant may invite as many friends as possible to vote for their favourite logo on the CNBL’s TARC Life Hacks Facebook fanpage.
- Entries shall be disqualified if the CNBL judges find that votes are generated through bot or auto programmes.
- Judges’ decision is final and binding on all entrants and no correspondence will be entered into.
Timeline for this contest
- The submission period commences at 12.01am (Malaysian Time) on 9th December 2015, Wednesday and closes at 12.00pm (Malaysian Time) on 22th December 2015, Thursday. (Submission Period)
- The voting period commences at 12.01pm (Malaysian Time) on 9th December 2015, Wednesday and closes at 12.00pm (Malaysian Time) on 22th December 2015, Thursday. (Voting Period).
- The results will be announced on 24th December 2015, Thursday in TARC Life Hacks fanpage and website.